Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:57 AM
Thanks for the answers.
I guessed as much that I can't give Builder away for free. However, I'm not particularly worried on that matter.
Let me rephrase again about what I'm trying to do.
Objective: To distribute / give away STANDALONE themes created from Builder + Child themes.
* STANDALONE means that I don't need to distribute together Builder for the theme to work. It's like how the standard themes are being distributed today. Just a directory with files.
This is the scenario:-
1) Created a new layout with Builder.
2) Created a new child theme.
3) Activate the new Builder layout and the child theme = my new theme.
1) Is it possible for me to distribute this "new theme" within a single directory, like how one normally would distribute his or her themes. e.g. without the builder theme, etc. (It's pretty obvious that you can't distribute Builder).
2) MUST I include Builder together with the child theme so that the overall theme's layout will look exactly like how I've designed it in the first place?
3) Will a full migration of the theme (layout wise) produces the same exact layout if I just use the child theme as the main theme? (without Builder).
4) If your answer is NO to question no (2 & 3), that means that in order for me to maintain the exact layout (assuming that I want to use this theme on another wordpress site), I need 2 (two) themes (Builder & Child) for it to sufficiently work as it should be?
5) If your answer is YES to question no (2 & 3), am I right to say that only by activating the child theme, the layout will still look exactly the same without the presence of the Builder theme?
Cheers and thanks!