Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Pluginbuddy Not Working As Advertised

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Howard Tseng

Howard Tseng

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:42 PM

I sent Sales an email a few days ago, but I feel so sick to my stomach about this issue that I had to post here.

The issue is that I bought the PluginBuddy developer license a year ago and now I can't use a single plugin.

The reason why is because I did not create licenses to my websites before my subscription expired on 1/11/12. If I knew how this worked, I would've. Furthermore, if I knew how this worked, I wouldn't have made the purchase in the first place.

I read the website copy. I read the FAQ. I read the forums. No one anywhere explained how the licensing really works. I am emotional right now, but to me this is a clear-cut case of false advertising.

PluginBuddy Developer Suite (Unlimited sites) ($197.00)
- Access to ALL of our Premium Plugins
- 1 Year of Access to Support & Updates

Nowhere anywhere does it say '1 year of support, updates, AND usage.' Nowhere is there an asterisk explaining UNLIMITED SITES (*With active subscription) or UNLIMTIED SITES (*For 1 year).

I spent $200 of my hard earned money and literally can't even use a single one of the plugins I purchased. How is that unlimited?

I downloaded the plugins. I never used them due to various reasons, and now I need to use them and can't. That means I only got 1 year of usage. Sure you could say that it's my fault for not using my subscription while active, but I bought based on what was advertised and I did not get what was advertised. That's the issue.

As far as how this is affecting me personally, it's pretty simple: I bought the developer suite for BackupBuddy. I only used it once, and now I desperately need to use it and can't.

I'm an avid user of Headway and found out about PluginBuddy from them. Their developer licensing is clear and it truly does what it advertises when it says UNLIMITED.

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hi Howard

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to be as active as you would have liked with your website developments.

There is no mention of usage being limited simply because it is not - your plugins as downloaded over the course of the membership year (as you mention) will continue to function "as-is" after the expiry of your membership that covers those plugins.

The expiry of your membership, and hence licences,  simply means, as stated, that you no longer have access to Support for the products encompassed by that expired membership or access to updates (whether automatic updates or through downloading updated versions through the Member Panel).

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to clarify this for you.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 Howard Tseng

Howard Tseng

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:07 AM

@Jeremy

I was wrong. The confusion came from me not being able to generate a license. Thanks for the clarification.

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 14,595 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hi Howard

No problem. Be assured that the plugins will continue to function and should you at some point be in a position to renew your membership to cover some or all of these plugins then you will be able to licence and update those covered by your new membership.

Good luck with your sites.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."