Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Save The Date - Footer Questions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Scott_*

Guest_Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hello,
I'm looking to purchase the "Save The Date" theme but I had a few questions about the footer images.  Are those simply graphic links?  Or are these an active widget or something else?

Essentially, if I do buy this theme, would I be able to update the Date and Colors on the "Save the Date" calendar icon?  I'm not sure if this feature is built into the theme, or if it's simply an image for demonstration purposes.

If it is something that can be modified, will the theme automate this for you?  Or does it involve some coding?  I'm rather new to Wordpress and haven't bought a theme before.

Thanks!

#2 sridhar

sridhar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:09 AM

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum!

Those images in the demo site are in widgetized areas (or in WordPress jargon, sidebars). Once you make this theme active, you can go to Appearance -> Widgets and drag a standard WordPress widget in each of these 3 sidebars.

For example, I have activated this theme and this is what I see on the site: http://cl.ly/2X253J1a3t3f0K0o0q06

At Appearance -> Widgets, it looks like this: http://www.screencast.com/t/kpJq2BXY

HTML code to show an image can be placed in a text widget and that's how the images appear on the demo site. The 2nd and 3rd images are linked to inner pages. If you are unsure of writing HTML code to link images to URLs, Image Widget plugin makes it easy.

A file named datebox.png comes with the theme and is present in images folder. It is like a blank template on which you can type any text/date using a graphics program like Photoshop. This is how it looks: http://cl.ly/2M3U2436223C0A3o102r

RSVP and The Proposal images (png files) are also bundled with the theme.

Hope this answers all your questions and addresses your concerns.

#3 Guest_guest_*

Guest_guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hi is there a way to add more widgets (sidbars?)  I am considering this theme but would like to know if we can add more than just the three that are there?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 32,710 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

Hi,

it is possible, yet you need knowledge on how to register sidebars in WordPress, insert code into theme templates, and know php, html and css code,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.