Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.

Mobile: Switching Between Sites

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Zoe_*

Guest_Zoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:40 AM

With the Mobile plugin is it possible to give people viewing your website on a mobile the option to switch to the desktop version?

Cheers,

Zoe

#2 Guest_Zoe_*

Guest_Zoe_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:23 AM

Can someone let me know if this is possible please?

#3 Bes Zain

Bes Zain

• Members
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hi Zoe, :)

Thanks for posting this! Yes, by default, all Mobile users see a Desktop link in the footer to switch to the full Desktop version.

Please let me know if that answers your question, or if you've any other questions.

Regards, and thanks again for being interested in Mobile!

Bes

#4 Guest_Albert_*

Guest_Albert_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Hi,

I have the essence theme and so I got with it the mobile plugin. On the sales page it says that the plugin is made for iphones. Does it really not support other mobiles? If you'd use the WPtouch plugin then you have covered almost all relevant mobiles. See the text from the wordpress site:

"WPtouch automatically transforms your WordPress website into an application-like theme, complete with ajax loading articles and effects when viewed from the most popular mobile web browsing devices like the iPhone, iPod touch, Android mobile devices, Palm Pre/Pixi and BlackBerry OS6 mobile devices."

So, is there someone who has perhaps tested both plugins and could tell which one is better.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Albert

Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.