Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.

Builder Church Block

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 alicewinthrop

alicewinthrop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Premium Exchange Addon, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

Not sure if you recall but I had a question a while back about using the City Church block with Builder. What I wanted to do was: install the block and keep the styling (to work off of as a starting point so I could customize colors/fonts etc. without having to code the whole layout and re-invent the wheel) and also have the staff and sermons archive pages work as per on the City Church child theme.

I managed to install the block just fine so it's there in the panel and adding content works fine, however I couldn't get the archive-staff and archive-sermons pages to work right. It just defaulted to using archive.php even though I had copied over the specific archive-staff.php etc. pages to my child theme folder. I copied and pasted the CSS for those sections into my style.css but since it didn't get the right archive template, none of the classes and ids existed in the generated html so it was impossible to tweak/apply the styles.

When I posted about these issues in the builder forum you suggested refreshing the htaccess file which I did - no dice. You also said that you were working on updating that block so that it would work as an extension to any child theme as I was trying to hack it into doing here. Can you give me any info on the schedule for that? My membership has just expired so I can't review the Builder forum posts but I would definitely renew right now if I could get that functionality as my church clients are keen to have it asap. Definitely hoping to avoid coding the whole thing from scratch or spending hours trying to figure out why it isn't picking up those special archive files!

Please let me know asap. Also what membership level I would need to have access to it. The best for me would be to buy the builder foundation (because I don't need all the child themes, I code my own designs) and then buy this as a one-time license so I can pass on that cost to the client. I don't think I'll be building lots of church themes, so one-off billing for this kind of thing would be preferable. (Just so you know!)

Keep up the great work and thanks!

Alice

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 33,342 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi Alice,

that project has been postponed until further notice, due to other high(er) priority projects, and at the moment, I could not give you any ETA for that, I'm sorry,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 alicewinthrop

alicewinthrop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:11 AM

Ok thanks Ronald. If the situation changes let me know alice at gatehouse-design.com. Thanks!

#4 alicewinthrop

alicewinthrop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

Just spent several hours scouring the code of the city church block plugin and the archive files and functions I copied accross to my builder child theme from the city church theme. I can't figure it out. The functionality all appears in the wordpress editor so I can add sermons and staff - all looks good. The functions and archive pages are exactly the same, I have double checked. But for whatever reason, when a sermon is published on my site it doesn't seem to be registered as the custom post type of sermon. Otherwise it ought to show up in the loop for the sermons archive page right? Could someone ask Justin Kopepasah if he has 5 mins to think about why this would be. It's driving me crazy! Thank you.

#5 alicewinthrop

alicewinthrop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hi Ronald et al,

My subscription has lapsed and I'm wondering whether I should purchase the church theme for another year to get access to the church block update announced in your blog. I'm curious to know whether the update addresses the problem I described above, that is having the archive pages work when you are using the block with another builder child theme that isn't city church. Could you let me know and tell me what I need to purchase to get access to this upgrade?

Thanks so much.

-Alice

#6 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 33,342 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Hi Alice,

you need to purchase a Builder product, since that will give access to the Builder Blocks downloads as well. Check the options on this page http://ithemes.com/purchase/builder-theme/ or any of the individual child themes (see portfolio: http://ithemes.com/builder-store/),

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#7 alicewinthrop

alicewinthrop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Thanks Ronald. Great support as always.

Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.