Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Memorial Weekend:

Monday, May 25 2015 is Memorial Day. Please note that the iThemes offices are closed during National Holidays.
Support will resume on Tuesday May 26.

Backupbuddy For Demo Web Site

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Vin Carrillo_*

Guest_Vin Carrillo_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

I've never done this so bear with me regarding my concept; I want to create a demonstration Web site for potential clients - they can log into the dashboard, muck it up, see their changes on the front-end, and in one hour the Web site 'refreshes' itself and a fresh demo site is ready for the next person I tell, "Go to my demo Web site to see how easy Wordpress is."

So I need to know if Backupbuddy can be set to reinstall my demo every hour, or whatever interval I set so the changes the last person made are automagically erased.

Thanks.

Vinny.

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 21,417 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi Vinny,

BackupBuddy doesn't have a "scheduled restore" feature so the plan can't be done automatically. If you have a backup of what the site gets "reset" to then you could restore back to the fresh unchanged demo site, but has to be done manually.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX