Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Shipping Settings

16 replies to this topic

#1 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

The client wants to charge $50 shipping for orders under $500, and then free shipping over that.

I'm using Paypal Standard - Secure

The Simple Shipping doesn't have anything to allow for this so I turned that plugin off, and then set this criteria in the paypal account:

shipping.jpg

the problem is when I actually use my sandbox account to test this purchase, it's not working. The shipping never gets added on and I'm not sure if it's an issue with the plugin or paypal

#2 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: Administrators
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

trundlemedia, is that interface in PayPal? When we generate the PayPal payment button, we actually disable shipping (it's just lumped in with the regular payment). I suspect that's related to your trouble.

Would it help if we added a filter to the PayPal addons to allow you to modify the button being generated?

#3 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

If it would allow me to use the shipping settings inside of paypal then yes definitely!

This is actually a bit of a dealbreaker. I read this post: http://ithemes.com/2013/10/09/10-ways-to-use-flat-rate-shipping/

now that's all fine and dandy but it can't be the ONLY way to do the shipping.. I need to at the very least be able to turn that off and use paypal's settings. My client's shipping is rather expensive because the items are large and delicate, but if they're combining 2 items into the same shipping package they can save a little money so I need to be able to allow that.

I really don't want something so small to force me into changing the store to a different ecommerce plugin :/

** edit:

sorry, missed your question. Yes the image is in paypal's shipping settings page.

#4 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

trundlemedia,

I'm not sure if you're using PayPal Standard - Basic or PayPal Standard - Secure. But I'm attaching two separate files to this thread. Here are the instructions for both files:

PayPal Standard - Basic
This one goes in ithemes-exchange/core-addons/payment-gateways/paypal-standard/
Attached File  init.php   37.16K   56 downloads

The filter I added is it_exchange_paypal_standad_query

You could do something like this...

function my_paypal_standard_query( $query ) {
unset( $query['shipping'] );
unset( $query['no_shipping'] );
return $query;
}
add_filter( 'it_exchange_paypal_standard_query', 'my_paypal_standard_query' );

Bare in mind, that code might not work at all, we're not using the PayPal shipping, so you may need to modify that array in a different way to achieve what you want.

PayPal Standard - Secure
This one goes in ithemes-exchange/core-addons/payment-gateways/paypal-standard-secure/
Attached File  init.php   56.61K   55 downloads

The filter I added is it_exchange_paypal_standad_query

You could do something like this...

function my_paypal_standard_secure_button_vars( $button_vars ) {
if ( $key = array_search( 'shipping=0', $button_vars ) )
unset( $button_vars[$key] );
if ( $key = array_search( 'no_shipping=1', $button_vars ) )
return $button_vars;
}
add_filter( 'it_exchange_paypal_standard_secure_button_vars', 'my_paypal_standard_secure_button_vars' );

Bare in mind, these code samples might not work at all, we're not using the PayPal shipping and I'm not very familiar with that part of PayPal, so you may need to modify the arrays in a different way to achieve what you want. But I think this will get you started.

Also, these file changes are currently added to our development core, they should remain for the next release, so you won't need to worry about upgrading to the next version. But, it is development, so something could change. Just keep an eye on these files for the next upgrade and make sure the filter you're using still exists the way you expect.

I hope this helps!

#5 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

I'm using the Paypal Secure payments.. so I uploaded correct init.php to the directory ithemes-exchange/core-addons/payment-gateways/paypal-standard-secure/

and I added the code to the theme/exchange/functions.php  (I wasn't 100% sure that's where that was meant to go?)

It doesn't work.

Also I'm not sure what you mean about 'modifying the array' to get the results I'd need but I tried the following:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables/

based on the above page I changed the no_shipping value to 2, but that didn't have any affect

#6 lewayotte

lewayotte

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

The array is $button_vars, and it needs to be modified to handle the shipping options you want. So, that code would probably look something like this...

if ( $key = array_search( 'shipping=0', $button_vars ) )
	$button_vars[$key] = 'no_shipping=2';
  return $button_vars;
}
add_filter( 'it_exchange_paypal_standard_secure_button_vars', 'my_paypal_standard_secure_button_vars' );

Alternatively, you could modify that array even further to mimic the shipping settings you have in PayPal. Something like this might work...

if ( $key = array_search( 'shipping=0', $button_vars ) ) {
	$cart_total = it_exchange_get_cart_total( false );
	if ( $cart_total < 50 ) {
	  $button_vars[$key] = 'shipping=50';
	} else {
	  $button_vars[$key] = 'shipping=100';
	}
  }
	$button_vars[$key] = 'no_shipping=2';
  return $button_vars;
}

Obviously, you'd have to customize that IF conditional to set the shipping to what you need, but I think that'll get you started.

Oh, and as long as that functions.php is the one in your theme, it should work. I actually stuck this code in /wp-content/mu-plugins/testing.php and it seems to have worked fine for me. If you do that, you'll probably need to create the mu-plugins directory (it's a folder that means "must use", basically any PHP file you stick in there is always enabled).

I hope this helps!
Lew

#7 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Hi Lew,  I tried both codes and testing the button popped an error:
  • Error processing PayPal form. Missing valid PayPal information.
here's a link to one of the items:
http://www.thecarvededge.com/sitefiles/product/keepsake-box-2/

#8 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

I seem to have completely screwed everything up now. I tried to edit things to get the paypal working but nothing took.

So I got rid of the plugin and replaced it with a fresh download from the ithemes site.. and it's still popping up the error I mentioned in my last message.

I reverted back to Paypal Standard Basic and then it actually went through to the paypal site, but then as soon as I deactivated that and went back to the Secure version the error has popped up again

I have no new code in the site, all of what's there is from the fresh download of the plugin.  and I've double checked my paypal settings and everything seems to be correct.

I even disabled all other plugins, and went to the twentyfourteen theme and the error is still there (I've now reinstated all of these)

I'm lost :(

#9 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

Update!!

I turned off the sandbox mode and it seems to be working again!  Plus the shipping calculations are actually being added on from my paypal account settings!

I turned the sandbox back on and the paypal button broke. Turned it off again and everything works!

Also,

#10 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 6,356 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Hi trundlemedia,

We usually see that particular error when the PayPal Sandbox information hasn't been entered correctly or fully.  For instance, I helped someone with that same error message the other day and they'd left the "-facilitator" out of their PayPal Sandbox email address.  So you might double check your information.  

But as far as the original issue of adding shipping charges through PayPal - that's working for you now, correct?

You ended with an "also" but didn't say anything after that.  :)  So, if you have any other questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Elise

#11 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

hah, I don't remember if there was anything else I was going to say. Brain was pretty tapped out when I'd wrote that message :)

The weird thing though is before I started mucking around with the shipping stuff from this thread I had been making successful transactions with the sandbox, so I don't think I left anything out..

when you say the other user left "-facilitator" out of their sandbox email.. is that something required, or was that just how they created their account?

#12 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 6,356 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hey trundlemedia,

I'm not aware of anything in the code that would keep PayPal Sandbox from working, but Lew would know better than me about that.  So I'll talk to him and let you know what he says.  

As for the sandbox email - the email for your PayPal Sandbox account should look something like this:  youremailname-facilitator@whatever.com.  That's just how PayPal has them set up (or at least, how I've always seen it).  

I'll talk to Lew and let you know what he says.

Thanks,

Elise

#13 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Ok, this is really weird.  I had created 2 sandbox accounts, which were working just fine up until a week ago:

paypal-buyer@mydomain.com
paypal-seller@mydomain.com

I just logged into the developer.paypal.com and checked my sandbox accounts and there is in fact a 3rd account in there with "-facilitator" in the username that I did not create and was not there before.

I want to swear this is new because according to the records in the paypal developer dashboard the last successful transaction was Feb 27th 2014 so I know it was working at one point and I'm not crazy. hah

I did actually update the sandbox options in my store to reference this other -facilitator account (including the new password and api key) and the sandbox still isn't working for me. This isn't a huge deal though as long as the real store works

#14 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 6,356 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Hey trundlemedia,

I talked to Lew and he said that there isn't anything in the code that should break Sandbox mode.  He did recommend clearing out all your cache/cookies; that PayPal is notorious for that sort of issue.

I'm glad it's working when live for you though!

Thanks,

Elise

#15 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hey, I know this is a super old topic... but it's actually become a problem again.

I'm developing a new site with the exchange shopping cart and I am again unable to test the store using the sandbox paypal account.  Now this is all new info for a totally different client

Plus I noticed the bit about caching, so I fired up explorer and tested the site there (since I never use it) and it's failing in the same way.

If I turn off sandbox mode it works correctly.

Also, I triple checked all of my credentials and they are correct.... and I also used the -facilitator sandbox and nothing worked

new site link: http://www.thegentleviking.com/sitefiles/

#16 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 6,356 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Hi trundlemedia,

Can you send me admin log in credentials for the site?  You can PM them to me here on the forum or email them to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Just be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#17 trundlemedia

trundlemedia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

just sent the email.. thanks elise!

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users