Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.

List View For Products Available?

product list view

4 replies to this topic

#1 apobetic

apobetic

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

Is it possible to show the products in a simple list view, indicating item name, short description & price with a link on it, instead of the larger image with the description?

I have looked through all tutorials and forums, but don't see this addressed.  Thanks!

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 6,636 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hi Apobetic,

Do you mean on the store page?  I just want to be clear, because you said "instead of the larger image with the description."  The description doesn't show on the store page.

There isn't an option to display the products in a list view on the store page at this time.  If you feel comfortable doing so, you are welcome to edit the template files.  You won't want to edit the template files directly or they'll be overridden when you update Exchange.  You can read more about how to do this here:  http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Edit_My_Template_Files  The templates you'll want to edit will be found in /lib/templates/content-store/.  And if you are wanting to pull in the description you can copy the description.php file in /lib/templates/content-product/elements/ and use it in the directory you create in your theme.  

If you have any additional questions or if you weren't talking about the store page, just let us know.  

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Rob_*

Guest_Rob_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for the response.  I did mean to say on the store page.  I wanted to be able to have customers search for types of product. In this particular scenario, I'm speaking of a coin & gold storefront.  The client wants to be able to do something similar to
http://www.steveestes.com/cgi-bin/newsite/coinsearch.html
an possibly have a result list produced with item number, name, date, short description & price.

Is that possible with the editing of the template files you mentioned?  Would I have to do each product individually or does it allow me to edit as a whole?  Thanks!

#4 apobetic

apobetic

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

I did mean to say on the store page.

I am trying to set up a store similar to http://www.steveestes.com/cgi-bin/newsite/coinsearch.html
where clients can search and get a list of results that will produce name, item #, short detail & price.

If I edit the template files, do I have to do it for each product or do I just do it once for the whole store?  Thanks for your help.

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 6,636 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:29 PM

Hi Rob,

The templates found in the content-store directory will only affect the store page, not the actual product pages.  If you only want it done on the store page, you'll only need to those templates.

There isn't a search function built into Exchange.  So you'll need to build something like that yourself.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.