Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.

Re: Itheme Exchange Payment Problems

payment problems

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amy_*

Guest_Amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hi. I offer an online course as one of my store items.  I have had a couple people purchase the course (their payment has gone through and I have check that in my paypal account), but yet
they are given NO ACCESS to the course and NO PAYMENTS show up under Exchange < Payments.

Help!  How do I fix this?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 6,635 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hi Amy,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with the URL where this is happening so we can take a look?  That's the best way for us to diagnose any issues.

What are you using to create your courses?  Are you using LearnDash?  If so, what version are you using?

Any additional information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Amy_*

Guest_Amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Hi Elise,

the url is: http://www.tuneitupcourse.com/courses/tune/
I am using LearnDash LearnDash LMS
Deactivate | Edit

LearnDash LMS Plugin - Turn your WordPress site into a learning management system.
Version 1.5.2.1 | By LearnDash | Visit plugin site Select LearnDash LMS - iThemes Exchange LearnDash LMS - iThemes Exchange
Deactivate | Edit

LearnDash iThemes Exchange Integration Plugin
Version 1.0 | By LearnDash | Visit plugin site

Once a person hits the "Take Course Now" button, it takes them to the BUY NOW or ADD TO CART.
ADD TO CART will add it to the cart, but there is no way to view the cart. If you try to hit "view the cart", it gives you an "oops..." page.

Once the person hits BUY IT NOW, Guest checkout or Create an Account/Login buttons appear.  Once the person has filled out the required information/billing info and hit submit, it takes them to paypal to login and then pay for the course.  After they paid, it takes them back to the website, but they get the "oops..." nothing page.
If they log back in (which means they have to go to Store < Tune It Up course < Take This Course < Buy Now < Login, it just makes them repeat purchasing, which they don't want to do... (I also would like help to be able to let people log in to their account without having to go through the process above...

I have had two people pay for the course but they cannot access the material.  

Elise, I also emailed you a separate email with my login information and screen shots...if that helps.

And, is there a way to customize the BUY It Now/Add to Cart, coupons, billing sheet, etc. buttons and forms (change colors, etc.). All of mine are light grey and nothing looks that great (form-wise).

Thanks so much!

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hi Amy,

Typically, when you get a 404 page like you're getting, it is due to a theme conflict.  To test this, try activating one of the WordPress default themes like Twenty Fourteen and then see if it works properly.

If that is the case, it's typically a fairly simple fix.  Using the Confirmation page as an example, you'll create a regular WordPress page named Confirmation (or whatever you'd like it to be called).  Then go into Exchange > Settings > Pages and change the page type for the Confirmation page to WordPress instead of Exchange.  Then, in the dropdown menu that appears, select the Confirmation page that you just created and copy the shortcode that appears as well.  Save your settings then paste that shortcode into the Confirmation page you created and update the page.  Then try running a transaction and see if it works correctly for you.

For the issue with customers not having access to content associated with the membership they purchased, try the following:

Go to the PLUGINS menu and select EDITOR. Next, select the Exchange-LearnDash plugin from the drop-down menu and add the following piece of code at the bottom of the file:

add_filter("learndash_flush_rewrite_rules", function($return, $post_options) { 
if(empty($post_options["exclude_from_search"])) 
return true; 
else 
return false; 
},4, 2);

Clear your browser cache and test again. You may also want to reset your permalinks.

If that does not work. Remove that piece of code that you added and go to your theme's functions.php file. You can get there by going to APPEARANCE > EDITOR and selecting the theme of choice from the drop-down menu. Find and select the "functions.php" file from the list of files, then add the following code:

function custom_learndash_flush_rewrite_rules($return, $post_options) { 
return false; 
} 
add_filter("learndash_flush_rewrite_rules", 
"custom_learndash_flush_rewrite_rules", 4, 2);

Clear your browser cache and test again.

You can customize the buttons.  I'm not sure exactly how you'd like them to appear, but you can target the Buy Now and Add to Cart buttons with the following classes:

.buy-now-button
.add-to-cart-button

To find the class names for the other items you're wanting to customize, you can use something like Firebug to find the appropriate classes.  

When customizing your Exchange styling, you don't want to edit Exchange directly.  Instead, you'll want to add your code to a file named style.css then upload it to a directory in your theme named 'exchange.'  You can read more about that here:  http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Exchange_FAQs:_How_Do_I_Create_Custom_Styles_for_Exchange

Give that a try and then let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 Guest_Amy_*

Guest_Amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Elise,

Thanks for trying to help.  I tried to do what you asked but honestly I don't even know if I did it right.  I tried both things and neither worked.  I did email you my username and password...Any way you can go in and try it?  You know more of what to do...I am just not a computer girl and this is all so overwhelming and frustrating!

#6 Guest_Amy_*

Guest_Amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:11 PM

I still can't get people to have access to the course, nor for the PAYMENTS in itheme exchange to actually show that payments have gone through....

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hi Amy,

I switched the page type for the Confirmation page as I recommended in my previous reply and it is appearing now just fine.  If there are any other pages that aren't showing properly, you can go in and do this for those pages as well.  

As for the issue with the courses - I don't see that you have the Membership add-on for Exchange installed.  The product you link to is using the Simple Product type.

If I understand correctly, you are trying to restrict courses to a specific product and only people who have purchased that product will have access to it.  Is that right?  If that's the case, you will need the Membership add-on.  With that, you can create a Membership product and restrict courses to that particular product.  Then, when a customer purchase that membership, they will have access to the course.

Let me know if I misunderstood what you're trying to do.

Thanks,

Elise

#8 Guest_Amy_*

Guest_Amy_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Elise,

I will get the membership add-on and see if  I can get things to work right with that.  I am still having the problem of the two transactions not showing up in the PAYMENT section...How do I fix that?

Thanks again for your wonderful help!

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hi Amy,

The test purchase I ran the other day does show in your Exchange Payments:

Screen Shot 2014-07-07 at 1.41.53 PM.png

If the other payments didn't go through, there isn't a way to add previous payments.  If you try a purchase now, does it show on the payments page?

If you need to add a product to a client, you can use the Manual Purchases add-on.  

Please try another purchase and see if it successfully adds the payment to the Payments page in Exchange, then let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Better, More Convenient, Private Support for Your iThemes Products Is Here.

We're moving support away from the forum and in to private tickets - Log In to Get Support Here

Note: any currently open support threads in the community forum will stay open while we resolve them.