Below are a number of frequently asked questions and answers. If you need specific help or your question isn’t answered here, please contact iThemes directly. All our themes and plugins are licensed under the GPL, just like WordPress. Our Terms of Service are available here.
- What is your refund policy?
- Because of the nature of our themes and plugins—which are digitally delivered and non-tangible goods—we cannot offer refunds or chargebacks for purchases. Please read our FAQs and Terms of Service carefully before purchasing your theme or plugin. And as always, you can email questions or contact us in advance.
- What’s included in my plugin, theme or combo pack purchase?
- Unless otherwise noted, your theme, plugin or combo pack purchase includes a one-year membership subscription to downloads, updates and support. This means you get immediate access to all new versions and features released for your product(s) during your subscription year, plus ticketed support from the iThemes Help Desk. The membership model is the best way we can provide top-tier support, maintain our products as WordPress updates and to provide continued development for new versions and features. After the one-year mark, your theme or plugin is still yours to use and keep, but we recommend renewing your subscription to have continued access to downloads, support, updates and new features.
- Can I call you?
- No, we do not offer phone consulting. This enables us to keep our prices as low as possible for our customer community. We do answer email as fast as possible and offer ticketed support through the iThemes Help Desk.
- What does one year of updates and support mean?
- Your theme or plugin purchase includes a one-year membership subscription to product updates and support. Unless otherwise noted, this membership includes immediate access to all new versions and features released for your theme or plugin during your subscription year. The membership model is the best way we can provide top-tier support, maintain theme and plugin compatibility with WordPress updates and add requested features and enhancements. After the one-year mark, your theme or plugin is still yours to use and keep, but you will no longer have access to updates or the support forum. You would need to renew your membership license to maintain your subscription to get access to updates and support (much like a magazine subscription).
- What kind of support is offered with a purchased theme or plugin?
- Your theme or plugin purchase includes one year of access to premium support available from the iThemes Help Desk. The Help Desk is staffed with full-time moderators to help answer your questions and is the best place to receive support assistance with your theme or plugin. Support covers issues such as bug fixes (if any) under normal operation, how to use basic theme or plugin features, basic WordPress help, and help with basic theme customization. SUPPORT FORUM HOURS OF OPERATION: iThemes actively responds to support requests during our normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Central Standard Time (but not during major U.S. Holidays). The Help Desk is closed or running on bare-bones support staff during these major U.S. holidays: New Year’s Day (Jan. 1), Memorial Day (last Monday in May), Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day (first Monday of September), Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday of November), and Christmas Day (Dec. 25). These dates may vary if they fall on weekends, so stay tuned to our blog.
- How do I access support?
- Current customers can access the iThemes Help Desk here. Use the same login and password used to purchase your theme or plugin.
- Where do I download my products?
- You can download your products from the iThemes Member Panel. From the Member Panel, you can also view your subscription information (and renew your membership), manage your site licenses and access the Help Desk.
- How do I manage my site licenses?
- You can view a list of your licensed sites from the iThemes Member Panel. From the Member Panel, you can also deactivate licenses. We also recommend using iThemes Sync to manage your iThemes licenses.
- What is your upgrade policy?
- Yes, with the iThemes Upgrade Policy, you can apply qualifying purchases within the last 3 months toward a higher-priced plan such as the Plugin Suite or Toolkit. Check out our upgrade policy for more details.
- Does my subscription autorenew?
- Yes, our membership model includes yearly autorenewals on your subscriptions so that you can maintain access to support and updates. We’ll send out a renewal reminder email 7 days before your renewal date.
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Yes, if you’d like to cancel your subscription before your subscription renewal date, please email sales and we can assist with closing your account. Please email [email protected]
- Can I use a coupon on my renewal?
- No, coupons can only be used on a new subscription purchase. If you have questions about your account or renewal date, please contact us.
Please check out the individual sales pages for BackupBuddy, iThemes Security, iThemes Sync and the rest of our plugins for product-specific FAQs. If you have additional product questions, we’re happy to help. Please contact us here.