Today we’re excited to announce the release of a new iThemes plugin: Content Upgrades, a WordPress content upgrades plugin. It’s not just another WordPress email opt-in plugin. It’s a powerful list building machine.
With the Content Upgrades plugin, you can offer content upgrades directly from your WordPress website’s admin dashboard. This means no complicated setup or settings, offsite apps or 3rd party services to make it happen.
What is a Content Upgrade?
Blogging alone doesn’t build an email list. That’s why you email opt-in strategy that actually works. That’s where content upgrades come in.A content upgrade is a unique type of email opt-in created for a specific blog post or page. In exchange for an email address, users are offered a download related to the post or page they’re visiting.
A content upgrade can be anything that expands on or supplements specific content … like an ebook, cheat sheets, checklists, whitepaper, report or even printables like templates, design files or planners.
Examples of Content Upgrades:
- Cheat Sheets
- Case Studies
- Design Files
- Audio/Video Files
How Content Upgrades Can Grow Your Email List
Time and again, content upgrades have been proven to convert like crazy. Why? You can target users with content they’ve already shown interest in, thereby increasing the likelihood they will opt in for more.
With Content upgrades, you can see a real return on your blogging efforts by turning every post into an email opt-in opportunity. Content Upgrades can significantly grow your email list. After deploying content upgrades, We’ve seen reports of email conversion rates climbing by as much as 220%!
We all know the more entry-points to your email list, the more ways your readers can join your audience and ultimately become customers. With content upgrades, you add more leads to your sales funnel so you can multiply your other marketing efforts.
WordPress Content Upgrades Made Easy
To get started, simply install and activate the Content Upgrades plugin on your WordPress website. From your WordPress admin dashboard, you’ll see a new menu for Content Upgrades.
Now you can add a content upgrade offer to any page or post in under 60 seconds. No need to custom code those calls-to-action and email opt-in forms.
How to Use Content Upgrades
With the Landing Pages plugin, the process goes like this:
- 1. Add a content upgrade offer to any page or post in under 60 seconds.No need to custom code those calls-to-action and email opt-in forms.
- 2. Automatically send readers the bonus content they requested. No need to queue up a separate email autoresponder campaign for every content upgrade.
- 3. Subscribers are seamlessly added to your email marketing list. No tricky workarounds in order to send your subscribers the content that they opted in for
Content Upgrades Quick Setup
To add your Content Upgrade offer, complete a few fields and go!
- No complex setup or settings so you can publish a content upgrade faster than you publish a new post.
- Designed for ease of use so even the most novice user can add content upgrades.
- Add a content upgrade to any page or post in under 60 seconds.
Customize your content upgrade offers with simple settings and straight-forward options.
- Site-wide color/design settings are applied to all your content upgrade offers
- No need to apply design settings to each and every individual content upgrade
- No coding required to customize colors and text
- Color picker UI for adding background color, button color, button hover and more
- Customizable headline, description and button text
- Advanced users can add custom CSS
Display options for your content upgrade offers have several options.
- Display your Content Upgrade offer as Call to Action box or clickable link in your posts or pages.
- Option to redirect user to a different page after they opt in
- Mobile-responsive for any device
- Enable on blog index page, category or date archives or on custom templates
- Easily insert content upgrade offer via shortcode into posts & pages. Can be used with WordPress 5.0/Gutenberg Editor’s Shortcode Block or as standard shortcode on sites running the Classic Editor
Once clicked, the content upgrade opt-in prompt is displayed as an interactive popup.
- Opt-in prompt is displayed as pop-up when clicked
- Customize pop-up headline, description & button text
- Add social sharing buttons
- Option to enable exit-intent popup
- Option to show bonus content download link immediately after subscribing
After a user opts in, an email automatically fires with their bonus content link.
- Customize email text sent to subscribers
- Email notices to admins for new email signups
- Export email entries to CSV so you have direct access to email addresses
After you add your content upgrade, the plugin will go to work automatically sending readers the bonus content they requested. This way, there’s no need to queue up a separate email autoresponder campaign in your email marketing tool.
- Deliver your content upgrade via a bonus content download link
- Support for WordPress Media Library files
- Quick-add download files or links to emails
- Option to use external file paths for downloads to save server resources (AmazonS3, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.)
Track your content upgrade conversions with options for conversion tracking.
- Fire a Facebook conversion event whenever this content upgrade form has been submitted
- Fire a Google Analytics event whenever this content upgrade form has been submitted
Subscribers are seamlessly added to your email marketing list, so there’s no tricky workarounds in order to send your subscribers the content that they opted in for.
- Automatically tag, list or group your subscribers in Drip or Mailchimp.
- Integrates with Mailchimp, Drip, ConvertKit & Zapier
Grow Your Email List with Content Upgrades
If you do the work creating your content upgrade—whether that’s an ebook, checklist, cheat sheet or report—the possibilities are really endless—we’ll handle the rest.
Save 50% Off the Content Upgrades Plugin, Including in the List Building Combo Pack, Through May 31, 2019
Now you can get the Content Upgrades plugin, along with the new Landing Pages plugin, in the List Building Combo Pack … on sale for 50% off through May 31, 2019!