When I was getting started in web development, I couldn’t wait until the start of a new year. There were always people or companies that were launching new courses that would help my career out. I could learn anything, web development, marketing, even sales! I used this time as an excuse to get started in a new programming language or a way to learn an exciting new technique that I wanted to attempt.
We want to help you achieve the same thing. If you are looking to advance your career, grow your business, or even change careers, stick around. I’m about to let you in on something we’ve been working on for the past 6 months.
Introducing New iThemes Training Membership Plans
It probably won’t come as a shock to most of our iThemes Training community, but we’ve been toying around with the idea of offering our extensive training library as a separate subscription you could purchase.
A number of people in our community said how much they valued the training library. We toyed around with offering it for a couple of days in December to test the waters and the result was amazing.
Today, we’re officially going to make iThemes Training membership available all the time. That means you can get access to our entire training library and all of our premium training this year.
See what we’re working on for 2020 and take advantage of an amazing training library to help you get the level of training you need.
Re-Introducing Freelance Leap Year
We’re also bringing back our popular Freelance Leap Year Course. It was by far our best year long course we’ve done, with many of them asking for us to bring it back a second year. FLY (for short) is geared towards running and growing your freelance web design business.
If you are looking at getting your business off the ground or you are looking at growing your existing business, take a look at our Freelance Leap Year course. You’ll get 12 months worth of live webinars (and replays), a slack community where you can interact with others from the FLY group.
Nathan Ingram is coming back to teach this course again and will be covering topics like:
- Productivity – Learn how you can manage client work with working on your own site/business.
- Confidence – Combat the nagging fears, lack of satisfaction from your work while learning how to charge more without allowing clients to take advantage of you.
- Pricing – One of the most difficult issues you face in your freelance business. Together we’ll work on getting in the right mindset about setting prices.
- Marketing – If you want to stay in business, you need to continue to put yourself out there and try to get new clients. It can feel intimidating, but together we’ll work at how you can sharpen your messaging and create value propositions to build out your marketing plan.
- Recurring Revenue – Stop living client to client. We’ll talk about how to take the anxiety of unpredictable income and stabilize your business with WordPress care plans and growing to other services you can offer your clients.
- Finances – Successful businesses require principles of finances to help make managing your money easier. We’ll cover these important principles and best practices during this month.
- Systems – Nathan has been running his own successful freelance web design/development company for the past 10 years. During this time, he’s perfected a number of systems to help make running the business easier. In this session, we’ll be taking a look at how Nathan uses systems to run his business.
- Problem Clients – There comes a time when you have a difficult client. This month, you’ll learn specific strategies you can use to contain the impact of a bad client.
- Consultations – Learn how to give proper consultations to keep them from lasting for 3+ hours. You’ll get the experience and strategies to running consultations in a way that provides value but doesn’t waste your time or a potential client’s.
- Proposals & Contracts – See what makes a winning proposal and what elements should be included in a solid contract. You’ll also get access to Nathan’s own proposal template he uses with his clients.
- Contractors – As your business grows you’ll need to know about working with contractors to help get your projects and services out to your clients. In this month, we’ll cover what it looks like to work with and hire contractors.
- Recap & Celebration – This month we’ll take a look back at everything we have learned and celebrate successes together. We’ll wrap up the year by taking a look at your business in the bigger picture of your life as a whole.
- The Freelance Leap Year course is perfect for any freelance web design business. And spreading out these topics over the course of the year gives you just enough training time per month where you aren’t feeling overwhelmed with learning while working on all your client projects.
Learn more about our Freelance Leap Year course or purchase when you are ready.
Both of these training opportunities are going to give you extensive training to grow or scale your freelance web design business.