A new Builder theme just arrived: Summit. Summit is a modern, full-width Builder theme, perfect for ecommerce shops, businesses and bloggers. With custom Exchange styles for your store, as well as several alternate module styles including a new full-width featured post area, Summit is a great fresh addition to the Builder Theme Library.
Summit includes a mobile-friendly or responsive design, important for staying at the top of Google’s mobile-friendly update. Summit automatically adjusts to visitor screen sizes to optimize viewing from desktop, tablet and smartphones, so you know your website will look great on any device and you can pass the Mobile-Friendly Test.
Built-in Ecommerce Styles for Your Online Store
With Exchange, our free ecommerce plugin, you can easily spin up an online store from your WordPress site. Out of the box, Exchange can handle selling both digital and physical products, and offers additional add-ons for unique products like Memberships, Subscriptions and Invoices.
Builder Theme Summit features built-in styles for your Exchange-powered store, including individual product pages, checkout (cart) pages, customer login/account pages and the cart super-widget. Check out the demo site to see Summit’s store design.
Build Your Own Page Layouts with Builder’s Layout Engine
Summit runs on Builder’s Layout Engine, so you can easily add different modules to create custom page layouts (or templates). Builder then allows you to apply those page layouts to any page or website view (like archive pages, 404 pages, search results, post types & more).
New Extension And Module Styles
Summit features two new ways to change up your layouts: a new Full Width Featured Post Area Extension (Summit Featured Posts) and an HTML Module with Background Image. For more info, check out the tutorial on how we set up the Summit Home page.
New! Full Width Featured Post Area
Summit includes a new extension to style your content module.
- From Builder > Layouts and Views > Views, simply set the extension for your Builder layout to “Summit Featured Posts.”
This will replace the content in that layout with a large full width featured posts area that displays the latest post or sticky post if it is set (Posts need to have a featured image set for this to work correctly).
New! HTML Module with Background Image
Summit features a new HTML with Background Image Module.
- Add an HTML module to your layout with the alternate style “Background Image.”
- Using a single line of CSS in your child theme’s style.css file, as shown in the Home Page Setup setup tutorial for this theme, you can make the background image anything you want.
Additional Theme Features
- New! Mobile Navigation Menu with Expandable/Collapsable Sub-Menus: Summit automatically changes to a mobile version of the navigation to make navigating the site easy on smaller devices.
- Full-window Images: Easily add full-width images to your page layouts with the Builder Image Module.
- Alternate Module Styles: Mix up your page layouts with different design elements by using Alternate Module Styles for the Navigation, HTML, Widget Bar and Image Modules.
- Built-in Layouts: Builder themes come preloaded with easy-to-use page layouts to get your site going quickly.
- Gravity Forms Styles: If you’re a Gravity Forms user, Summit automatically styles your forms to match the rest of the theme design.
Custom Styles for More Advanced Customizations
The Summit demo site includes several examples of custom-styled modules (like the home page and email subscription signup in the blog sidebar). Check out these tutorials on the demo site for instructions on how to add these custom styles to your own site.