iThemes started in 2008 as a small home-based business. Now iThemes is in its third office and has expanded to three brands with more than a dozen people.
The formula for this growth has been simple:
- Find talented, passionate people that are interested in doing awesome things.
- Hire them and let them be awesome.
Here is just a small sample of some of the awesome things our team does:
- Build a WordPress theme that separates design and layout, allowing users to make the site they want with the design they want.
- Develop a new WordPress plugin that redefines what a backup plugin is while also proving that a market exists for commercial WordPress plugins.
- Create a community of web professionals and provide training that helps them take on new jobs, offer new services, and increase profits, often in the first week of membership.
Do you want to do awesome things? Do you want to be part of a team that does awesome things? Maybe you’re our newest team member.
Over the years, we’ve found that there are some basic qualities we look for in all of our team members:
- Passionate – People that care about their work come up with better ideas and produce better results.
- Local – Most our team is in the same office. We sit together, eat together, hang out after work, and share our lives together. This develops a bond and improves communication which translates into a better work and a happier team.
- Team-oriented – With our diverse team, our team members can focus on what they are good at and get help with what they aren’t so good at.
- Self-motivated – Since our team members have a large amount of ownership in their projects, each team member needs to be able to manage their own time and get the job done.