After years and years of trying to work with so many WordPress hosting companies, often ending with shut doors and empty promises, I finally feel confident to share who we can recommend with confidence you should use for hosting multiple (and high value) WordPress sites.
That company is Liquid Web, a Michigan-based hosting company with a stellar track record.
Why We’re Recommending Liquid Web
For the last couple of months, we’ve had the opportunity to meet their entire executive team, along with many other key players on their support, sales and infrastructure teams. In fact, last month we got to tour one of their wholly-owned datacenter in Lansing, which was a geeky treat for us.
But beyond the relationships we’ve built (and continue to build) with their team (they have over 400+ people altogether), I want to share a couple of reasons why I’m recommending Liquid Web to you today:
- Unmatched, Awesome “Heroic” Support — As a customer you get access to a real 24/7 Linux Certified Support team (240+) focused on helping you with your questions and problems. No one does support like they do. It seems like a fairy tale considering the state of WP hosting. But this is a true story; I’ve seen and experienced it. They are in fact legendary in hosting for their support. Yes, many other hosting companies offer 24/7 support, but no one has the reputation or team to back it up like Liquid Web.
- Awesome Infrastructure and Hardware — Unlike many other providers, they own their data centers and hardware. Last month, we got the chance to tour one of them in Lansing, Michigan. Their VPS plans, which I’ll talk about in a minute, are unmatched because of this. They aren’t relying on anyone else, and their tech can walk through a badged access door and actually see the hardware and make adjustments if needed.
- iThemes and Liquid Web Have a Formal Agreement — We specifically asked for and have a signed agreement that they will work with us to remedy issues that might arise for our mutual customers. That means if you’re an iThemes customer, we can assure you that Liquid Web and our team will work together if something comes up. This hasn’t always been the case and, in fact, it’s a first for us. For a long time, when someone asked, I’d say, “Go here, but just know right now they are great, but things change.”
One of our long-time customers, and iThemes training instructor, Nathan Ingram, of Brilliant Web Works, recently shared during the Recurring Revenue Summit how he uses iThemes and Liquid Web together for his web design business.
So don’t take it just from me … hear what Nathan has to say about Liquid Web:
Since 2014, I’ve trusted Liquid Web to host the websites I develop. Their servers are reliable and fast, but it’s their technical support that elevates them above the rest. Whether you contact them by phone, chat or ticket, you are connected with a Linux certified tech 24/7 who takes ownership of the problem and solves it without ridiculous hold times. If you’re a freelance web developer, you can’t choose a better partner than Liquid Web. —Nathan Ingram, Brilliant Web Works
LiquidWeb is also trusted and used by ESPN, GM, Warner Music Group, Xerox, Toshiba, FedEx, and more.
Who Liquid Web is Ideal For
Let me first say, they aren’t for everyone. As with anything, you need to evaluate your situation.
The biggest benefit to using them we believe is the ability to host all your sites with one awesome hosting provider and knowing you’ll get top level support from them anytime you need it.
Here are a couple of our examples of who Liquid Web’s VPS hosting plans might be ideal for:
- Freelancers / Agencies — Hosting multiple client websites and making recurring income off maintenance and support packages (as we share in our Recurring Revenue Summits)
- Online Entrepreneurs — Hosting multiple websites of your own and want the flexibility to expand easily without having issues
- Anyone Managing Ecommerce Stores — You want top quality hosting and uptime and don’t have a SysAdmin to manage it for you
What to Look at and Buy
Simply put: Liquid Web’s Managed VPS Hosting is the best deal I’ve seen for what you get.
It’s an awesome investment as you’re also getting truly “Fully Managed Hosting,” it almost reminds me of a white-glove personal approach I have come to appreciate in many other areas of my life.
Benjamin Bradley, our iThemes training lead, offers this advice for how to approach their offering:
If you are a freelance web developer and you truly want to provide your clients with the best solutions in hosting that enables your client to have the best security and privacy (nobody else on the account) you should look at putting your clients into a Managed VPS account.
The security, privacy, and peace-of-mind that comes from a VPS is the next step in leveling-up each of your clients.”
While every client wants to feel special and wants their own ‘dedicated server,’ which Liquid Web offers, a VPS from them is the economical and smart choice for anyone looking to build a powerful web presence.
The Complete Package for Freelancers: iThemes + Liquid Web
If you’re looking to expand your revenue through recurring revenue ( a.k.a. “mailbox money,” as we talk about in our Recurring Revenue Summit) by offering WordPress Support and Maintenance Plans, you can get started with a lower plan, host your own site(s), then upgrade when you need it, or have more client sites.
And of course, as your current hosting expires, you can easily start moving your sites over with BackupBuddy.
Liquid Web’s Managed VPS Plans complete the picture for those of you wanting to offer plans like this:
- iThemes Sync — Manage all your sites in one easy place
- BackupBuddy — Get real-time, off-site backups for your sites plus be able to restore and move them easily
- iThemes Security Pro — Lockdown your sites
- Liquid Web Managed VPS Hosting — Peace of mind that your sites are on top quality hosting, backed by Heroic Support when you need it
Limited Time Introductory Offer to iThemes Customers
As part of our new hosting partnership with Liquid Web, we’ve got a great limited time offer for the iThemes community.
And yes, in full disclosure, we do get a commission if you sign up with our link.
Need Help Finding the Right Plan for You?
If you have questions or want help walking through the process or selecting the right plan for you, you can talk to our dedicated iThemes account rep:
Senior Account Executive
1-800-580-4985 ext 2315
Having quality hosting is imperative for WordPress sites. Isn’t it time you made the right choice and leveled-up your hosting options for yourself and your clients?
Go Check Out Liquid Web’s Managed VPS Hosting Plans for yourself today and see if it’s right for you as you take the next step in your business growth.
iThemes Founder & CEO