A new (3rd party) add-on for Exchange has just been released and is now available for download on the WordPress.org Plugin Repository. Inspired by the Google Image Search layout and functionality, the GIS Layout Add-on for Exchange enables you to mimic a grid layout of images.
- To install, download the GIS Add-on from the WordPress Plugin Repository. You can then install the add-on just like any other plugin.
- Once installed and activated, you can find the settings in the wp-dashboard > Exchange > Add-ons page.
There are just a few settings to help you to setup the add-on, let’s go through them.
- Number of columns – This setting defines the number of products per row.
- Viewport – To avoid images getting resized too much, the add-on will fall back on 2 products per row based on the viewport width in this setting.
- Disable Buy Now? – You might want to use this layout for a portfolio style layout, or for any other reasons you might want to, ticking this box will disable the “Buy Now” button on the store page.
- Disable Parent theme styling? – Some themes have additional styling for Exchange through a stylesheet in an “exchange” folder in the theme folder. This may include styling for the store page. Tick this box if such styling is interfering with the add-ons styling and functionality. The theme’s Exchange stylesheet will be disabled for the store page only.
- Disable Child theme styling? – Similar to the option above, for a stylesheet in the child theme folder.
You can override the add-on’s styling by creating your own stylesheet in your active theme folder. To do so, create a folder named “exchange” (case sensitive), and in that folder, create a stylesheet named “gis-addon-style.css”.
If such a stylesheet exists, it will be loaded after the add-ons stylesheet, allowing you to override the existing styling.
Check out iThemes Exchange for Your WordPress
This add-on works together with the iThemes Exchange plugin. Learn more about Exchange and download it for free here.