Have you ever thought about what you would do if your site gets hacked? Would you even know that your site has been hacked? Do you have a clean backup to restore your site? Are you prepared to craft a statement that informs your customers of the breach while also codifying their concerns?
Every part of the post-hack recovery process is time-consuming and nerve-racking. Now take a deep breath and take solace in knowing that YOU can easily prevent most attacks from being successful.
Get the gift of peace of mind with iThemes Security Pro. The world’s best WordPress security plugin to secure and protect WordPress.
Enter to Win a 1 Year iThemes Security Pro Unlimited License
What is iThemes Security Pro?
iThemes Security Pro is the easiest way to secure your site without sacrificing usability or performance.
After installing the plugin and some minor configuration, your site will be protected against malicious attacks.
iThemes Security Pro offers these WordPress security features:
- Daily Automatic Malware Scans – Even though malware prevention is the goal, it is still essential to check the health of your site.
- Passwordless Login – Secure your WordPress login while making it easier to login.
- Two-Factor Authentication – Use the security method that Google security researches say block 100% of bot attacks.
- Refuse Compromised Passwords – iThemes Security Pro leverages the power of the haveibeenpwned API to prevent the use of known compromised passwords.
4 WordPress Hack Prevention Tips
- Secure the WordPress Login – The login is the most commonly attacked part of any WordPress site. Follow our 5 simple rules for WordPress login security to lock down your WordPress login.
- Stay up to date – According to the Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report, 99.9% of vulnerabilities were exploited over a year after they were disclosed. The Equifax breach could have been prevented if they stayed up to date. The iThemes Security Pro Version Management feature will make sure your site is using the latest security patches.
- Only Use Software from Trusted Vendors – The only thing worse than a hacker infecting your site with malware is you infecting your site with malware. Unfortunately, WordPress admins infecting their own sites is more common than it should be. Make sure you only install software from WordPress.org, well-known commercial repositories, or reputable developers and their websites.
- Log Security Activity – Security logs help to identify and put a stop to malicious behavior. Learn how to add WordPress security logs to your site.
Give Your Friends and Family the Gift of Security Expertise
There is no greater comfort than the feeling of safety. Here are 6 free books you can share with your family, friends, and clients to help them protect their sites from the vast majority of WordPress hacks.
Think this all sounds great? Learn more about iThemes Security Pro, the world’s best WordPress security plugin to secure and protect WordPress.