What is WordPress? WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
Just Getting Started with WordPress?
Our handbook for beginners offers an introduction to WordPress, the amazing open-source website platform. You’ll learn the benefits of using WordPress, as well as step-by-step instructions for getting familiar with the WordPress Dashboard. You’ll also learn about WordPress themes and plugins, how to create your first post or page, and optimize your site for search engines—all with helpful links to video tutorials.
Who uses WordPress?
You’re in good company if you use WordPress to publish on the web. Many famous blogs, news outlets, music sites, Fortune 500 companies and celebrities are using WordPress.
If you’re ever curious about about who uses WordPress, head on over to the WordPress site showcase and you’ll be impressed by the number of well-known sites and famous people using WordPress to power their websites.
How do I get started using WordPress?
Now you’re probably asking, “how do I get it?”
WordPress is free. Yep, that’s right – it’s 100% free.
So, what are you waiting for? Go get WordPress today to start creating your awesome website.
More WordPress 101 Tutorials
- WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
- Your WordPress Login
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Using the WordPress Admin Bar
- Exploring WordPress Settings
- WordPress Posts vs Pages
- Creating a WordPress Post
- Adding Links in WordPress
- Adding Images in WordPress
- Using the WordPress Media Library
- Formatting WordPress Posts
- Scheduling WordPress Posts
- WordPress Categories & Tags
- Creating a WordPress Page
- Applying a WordPress Page Template
- What are WordPress Plugins?
- Installing WordPress Plugins
- What is a WordPress Theme?
- Using WordPress Widgets
- How to Install a WordPress Theme
- Creating a Custom Menu in WordPress
- Managing Comments in WordPress
- Creating Users in WordPress