If you missed last week’s iThemes Security launch webinar, here’s the video replay. In this webinar, plugin developer Chris Wiegman offers a walk-through of the 30+ ways iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) helps secure your WordPress site.
- First steps: Walk through the important first steps of setting up iThemes Security on your WordPress site
- Understanding Security Status items: Understanding the high, medium and low priority items displayed in the Security dashboard after activating iThemes Security
- Settings: Using the Settings tab to customize and activate your security settings for 404 detection, away mode, banned users, brute force protection, strong passwords and more
- Advanced Settings: Understanding iThemes Security’s more advanced settings like changing the default content directory and database prefix
- Backups: How to make a basic database backup from the Backups tab
- Logs: Using the Logs tab to see security information recorded by iThemes Security like invalid login attempts and file change history