One of the great perks of being an iThemes Toolkit member is access to our unbranded WordPress tutorials. Our unbranded tutorials are based on our 23 free WordPress 101 tutorial videos, but they’re designed to be an added bonus to the Toolkit because they can be white-labeled with your branding to train your clients to use their site.
Today we’re glad to announce that our unbranded tutorials just got a total overhaul and are now updated for WordPress 3.9. Current Toolkit members will now find their unbranded tutorials available for download from the iThemes Member Panel.
Why Use the Unbranded WordPress Tutorials?
- Save time training clients – We know that it can be a challenge to train your clients to use their site (especially if they’re total WordPress newbies). Ultimately, you can spend more time building and deploying new websites and less time answering client questions about how to add a new post, make updates to a page or manage comments.
- Add a polished, professional bonus to your own web design packages – With a set of pre-packaged video tutorials, you can add a new benefit to your web design packages.
- Happier clients – By giving clients these resources, they can feel assured that they can really “own” their website and have more confidence in being able to use it. That also means they don’t have to come to you for simple edits they could easily manage on their own.
Downloading the Unbranded Tutorials
Toolkit members can download the unbranded tutorials from the iThemes Member Panel. From the Downloads page, navigate to the Other tab. From here, you’ll see the Wp101 – Unbranded zip file. Click download.
Creating Custom Bumpers for the Videos
After you’ve downloaded and unzipped the Unbranded Tutorials zip file, you can start adding your own branding with front and end bumpers (or slides).
To create these slides, create an image at 1067px x 597px using Photoshop.
Now, you can add a custom design for your front and end bumpers. Use your company’s logo and add a message. Save this file as a PNG or JPG.
Here’s a quick example slide:
You can download the free PSD for the devices used above here.
Adding Your Own Branding to the Videos Using Camtasia
Camtasia is a really easy-to-use video editing software that allows you to record on-screen videos or import videos to customize or edit content (we use Camtasia to create and edit all of our own tutorial videos). You can also use Screenflow, another screen-capturing and video editing program. Just use a software that will allow you to import a mp4v and add beginning and end frames.
1. To get started adding your own bumpers, import the file to a new Camtasia project. From the Camtasia menu, visit File > Import Media.
2. Select the video you’d like edit and click Import.
3. Drag the new imported media file into the timeline at the bottom of the screen, leaving some room at the beginning to insert your beginning slide.
4. Import your bumpers by navigating again to File > Import Media. Drag your bumpers to the beginning and end of the video.
5. Add transitions to the bumper and video frames so the video “flows.” The default Camtasia Fade In/Out Transition is a smooth, simple transition. Click Transitions in the top menu and drag them to the beginning and ends of each segment of the video.
6. Preview the video and then you’re ready to export (save). From the Camtasia menu, click Share > Advanced Export.
7. To preserve the HD quality of the video, make sure you’re exporting to MP4 and click options to select your frame rate and quality settings. Click OK to begin the export. Now your new video file is ready.
Once you’ve exported all the videos, you’re free to upload them to Vimeo, YouTube or host from your own website.
Creating a Special Client Training Page on Your Site with iThemes Exchange
1. Create a page on your site and embed the videos.
2. Set up your client’s invoice. Here’s more information on how to use the Invoices Add-on for iThemes Exchange.
3. In the Purchase Message field of the Invoice editor, add a message and the link to access their training videos.
3. Once a client pays their invoice, their email confirmation receipt will contain their training link. Here’s a preview of how that could look:
Get the Toolkit Now