We made iThemes Sync to save you time and hassle in managing multiple WordPress sites. With Sync, you can manage all of your WordPress sites from one convenient dashboard. Get started with the Sync free trial.
There are two easy ways to set up your sites in Sync:
- Use Sync’s “Add Site” option after logging in to the Sync dashboard
- Manually install the Sync plugin on all your WordPress sites
How to Add Sites From the Sync Dashboard
2. Once you log into the Sync dashboard, you will be presented with three different methods to add your first site. Click on the Connect Site From Sync card.
3. Enter the site URL and the credentials of the site’s admin user. You will also have the option to automatically add the site to Uptime Monitoring and creating a monthly report schedule.
4. After Sync completes the authentication process, your site will show as connected on the Sync dashboard.
To add more sites to Sync in the future, you can always use the Add Site button from the Home tab in the upper right corner of the screen.
How to Manually Install the Sync Plugin
If you have any issues adding your sites to Sync from the Add Site option in the Sync dashboard, you can manually upload the Sync plugin to your WordPress site.
1. To get started, log into the Sync dashboard using your iThemes username and password.
2. From the Sync dashboard, click the Connect Site From WordPress Card.
3. On the next page, click the Download Sync Plugin button.
4. Log into the WordPress site you want to connect to Sync. Now, navigate to the site’s Add Plugins page and click the Upload Plugin button.
5. Next, Install and Activate the Sync plugin.
6. After activating iThemes Sync, you’ll see the prompt to Set Up Sync.
7. On the iThemes Sync Settings page, enter your iThemes username and password and click Sync.
You’ll then see the iThemes Sync page where you can manage your Synced sites or add additional users. Adding additional users is helpful if more than one person will be managing updates for this site.
Managing Your Synced Sites – The Sync Dashboard
From the Sync page, click Go Manage Your Synced Sites to return to your Sync dashboard. You can also access the Sync dashboard directly here. You’ll now see your synced sites here.
Click the arrow on the right to expand the Quick Look. The Quick Look offers an overview of all available updates for that particular Synced site. Click Update to run the plugin or theme update. You’ll receive an Updated! notice when Sync has finished the update.
Click the URL for any of your Synced sites to view the Site Overview.
From the Site Overview, you can manage the site’s security, backups, updates, users, posts & pages, comments WordPress settings, and connect to Google Analytics and Search Console.
A Quick Note on Enabling Theme & Plugin Updates for Your iThemes Products
To receive updates, you will need to license your iThemes products.
To add licenses to your iThemes themes and plugins, log in to your WordPress site and visit Settings > iThemes Licensing.
In the Unlicensed Products section, license these products by entering your iThemes username and password. For more info on licensing your iThemes products, visit this tutorial.
Once you’ve added licenses to your iThemes products (if applicable), you’re ready to get started with Sync.
If you have questions or need help, visit the iThemes Help Center. Our team of moderators will be happy to help out.
Feature Requests & iThemes Sync Roadmap
We would love your feedback on how we can improve iThemes Sync to give you the best experience for efficiently managing your WordPress sites from one location, so visit the iThemes Sync feature request page to send us your ideas.
Kristen has been writing tutorials to help WordPress users since 2011. You can usually find her working on new articles for the iThemes blog or developing resources for #WPprosper. Outside of work, Kristen enjoys journaling (she’s written two books!), hiking and camping, cooking, and daily adventures with her family, hoping to live a more present life.