- How does Sync work?
- Install the iThemes Sync plugin on your site, then log in to your iThemes Sync Dashboard. From there, you can see the available updates for each site and update to the latest version of WordPress or any installed themes and plugins remotely.
- What can Sync update?
- Right now Sync can update your WordPress version, themes and plugins. You can also now activate and deactivate plugins and themes, and manage BackupBuddy backups all from Sync. And there’s more cool stuff on the way. Check out our public roadmap.
- How many sites can I Sync?
- You can use Sync on up to 100 sites, depending on which plan you have. Active iThemes customers can sync up to 10 sites per customer account for free. You can check out the upgrade options to manage more sites (up to 100 for now).
- Do you have tutorials and documentation for Sync?
- Yes. Check out these Sync video tutorials and the iThemes Codex for Sync documentation for more detailed information about Sync features.
- Will Sync work with all my themes and plugins?
- All themes and plugins that have automatic updates available can be updated from Sync. For iThemes products and other commercial products, you need to be sure to license or register them first so you can update those.
- Do I have to be an iThemes customer to use Sync?
- Not anymore. At first, we introduced iThemes Sync just to our community. But now anyone can sign up for a Sync plan.
- Can I combine (stack) Sync site plans?
- Sync plans cannot be combined. If you have the 10-site plan and upgrade to the 25-site plan, you can manage up to 25 total sites, not a combined 35 sites. If you have questions about Sync plans or need more than 100 sites, contact us here.
- Will this work in my local environment?
- No. You need an Internet connection to the site and thus to the updates in order for Sync to work.
- Is this secure?
- Yes. Sync uses industry standard SSL technology to encrypt your site details and only allows access from the accounts you authenticate.
- How can I keep my clients from messing with
the Sync authentication or removing the plugin?
- You can choose to hide or show the Sync plugin from being visible in the site’s WordPress dashboard. This way, your clients or anyone else using the site can’t see iThemes Sync to remove or deactivate it.
- If I’m added as a user to someone else’s Sync site will
it count against my total number of available Sync sites?
- Yes. Sync includes the option to add additional Sync users to a site, but adding that user will count against their total number of available Sync sites. Any site managed from the Sync dashboard, even if you’ve been added as a user by someone else, is still a site you’re managing with Sync, so it counts against your total number of available sites.
- Can I purchase additional Sync sites to go with my Toolkit?
- Sync and Sync Pro plans can’t be combined, so if you wish to purchase additional Sync sites beyond what’s included in your Toolkit, please contact our sales team.
- What’s coming next for Sync?
- We have big plans for the future of iThemes Sync. Check out our public roadmap for more details and to vote on future features you want to see. To add a feature request, use this form to tell us what you want to see Sync help you do in the future.