The WordPress post and page editor makes it easy to add hyperlinks to other web pages from your content.
Adding Links in WordPress
1. From the WordPress post or page editor, select the text that you want be hyperlinked.
2. Once you have that text selected, click the hyperlink button in the toolbar.
3. This will bring up a box where you can enter the URL of your hyperlink. You can also click the toggle to open the link in a new tab.
4. If you’d rather link to existing content on your website, just click to expand this section. Now you’ll see a search bar to search your site and a list of existing posts or pages. Clicking on one of the items in the list will change the hyperlink URL above.
5. Once you have your hyperlink URL ready to go, click the Apply button. Now your selected text will have a link.
6. To remove the link, select your text again and click the Remove Link button. Now you’ll see that your link has been removed.
Kristen has been writing tutorials to help WordPress users since 2011. You can usually find her working on new articles for the iThemes blog or developing resources for #WPprosper. Outside of work, Kristen enjoys journaling (she’s written two books!), hiking and camping, cooking, and daily adventures with her family, hoping to live a more present life.