In this tutorial, we cover the basics of downloading and installing BackupBuddy on your WordPress site.
1. To download BackupBuddy, log in to the iThemes Member Panel.
2. Visit the Downloads page.
3. Click the BackupBuddy tab.
4. Click the Download link. BackupBuddy will download as a zip file to your computer.
BackupBuddy can be uploaded, activated and used just like any other WordPress plugin.
1. Log in to your WordPress site and visit the Plugins > Add New > Upload page. Upload the BackupBuddy zip file you just downloaded from the iThemes Member Panel.
2. Once BackupBuddy finishes uploading, click the Activate link on the next page.
For advanced users: you can unzip the BackupBuddy zip file on your computer and then upload the BackupBuddy folder via FTP to your wp-content/plugins directory